Indian Astronomy: A Source-Book
|This article is a stub. You can help this wiki by expanding it.|
Indian Astronomy: A Source-Book, Based Primarily on Sanskrit Texts, is an extensive work on Vedic Astronomy. It was edited by B. V. Subbarayappa and K. Venkateswara Sarma, and was published by the Nehru Centre in 1985.
It consists of a lengthy introduction, five major sections, extensive appendices, and several photographs.
The major sections follow this general format:
- A section number, for the book. (i.e. 1.3.2)
- A passage of Sanskrit writing, often from a prominent classic work such as [[Template:Ref-VM]]'s Template:Ref-PS
- The name of the author
- The title of the sanskrit work
- The section/verse numbers from the sanskrit work
- An english translation
- The name of the translator, often abbreviated with intials.
Many, many pages also include footnotes and asides that explain more about the topics discussed in the passages.
Note regarding this site
This wiki uses a special system to ease referencing of this particular book. Please see Template:Refias.